Greg Hardy Beats Ryan Chester Via Knockout 14 Seconds into LFA 33 Bout

Greg Hardy defeated Ryan Chester by first-round knockout in just 14 seconds at LFA 33 on Friday night in a heavyweight MMA bout at The Bomb Factory in Dallas.        
Hardy improved to 3-0 as an amateur fighter with t…

Greg Hardy defeated Ryan Chester by first-round knockout in just 14 seconds at LFA 33 on Friday night in a heavyweight MMA bout at The Bomb Factory in Dallas.        

Hardy improved to 3-0 as an amateur fighter with the victory, while Chester fell to 3-2.

Eli Jordan of 1310 The Ticket tweeted a photo of Hardy’s winning punch:

Pat Doney of NBC Dallas-Fort Worth tweeted a video of Hardy’s entrance prior to the bout:

According to Mark Francescutti of the Dallas Morning News, Hardy fought Chester for free.

The one-time Pro Bowler made millions during a six-year NFL career with the Carolina Panthers and Dallas Cowboys that spanned from 2010 through 2015.

He spent his first five campaigns with Carolina before the team released him.

The former Ole Miss standout was found guilty of communicating threats to and assaulting his former girlfriend, Nicole Holder, in 2014.

Upon his appeal, however, the charges were dismissed after Holder told prosecutors she did not want to testify in a second trial before she vanished, and the charges were later expunged from Hardy’s record.

Hardy registered 35 combined tackles, 6.0 sacks and one interception during his one season with the Cowboys in 2015, but no NFL team has signed him since then.

In 75 career NFL games, Hardy racked up 40.0 sacks.

Hardy, now 29 years old, signed with the Richmond Roughriders of the American Arena League in January, and he told TMZ Sports that he intended to play football and continue MMA.

By virtue of Friday’s victory over Chester, Hardy may be moving closer to a professional MMA career should he decide to pursue it.

Read more MMA news on BleacherReport.com

Dana White Says There Is ‘No Deal for CM Punk to Fight Anywhere’

On Wednesday’s episode of UFC Tonight on FS1, UFC President Dana White addressed rumors of CM Punk fighting at UFC 225 in Chicago. 
As seen in the following video, White made it clear that there is no deal in place for Punk to compete in…

On Wednesday’s episode of UFC Tonight on FS1, UFC President Dana White addressed rumors of CM Punk fighting at UFC 225 in Chicago. 

As seen in the following video, White made it clear that there is no deal in place for Punk to compete in the Windy City in June:

Per Dana Becker of WrestlingInc.com, White said, “I don’t know if that’s where he’ll fight, but he’s healthy and interested. This is no deal for CM Punk to fight anywhere (right now), so we’ll see how that plays out.”

 

 

This article will be updated to provide more information on this story as it becomes available.

 

Get the best sports content from the web and social in the new B/R app. Get the app and get the game.

Read more MMA news on BleacherReport.com

Dana White ‘Wouldn’t Be Shocked’ to See Brock Lesnar Return for UFC Fight

Although Brock Lesnar remains under contract with WWE, UFC President Dana White said Wednesday on FS1’s UFC Tonight that he could see the WWE Universal champion potentially stepping back into the Octagon.
White addressed the situation in the following …

Although Brock Lesnar remains under contract with WWE, UFC President Dana White said Wednesday on FS1’s UFC Tonight that he could see the WWE Universal champion potentially stepping back into the Octagon.

White addressed the situation in the following video:

In the interview (h/t Dana Becker of WrestlingInc.com), White said, “Anything is possible. Brock has always shown interest in coming over and fighting here in the UFC. I wouldn’t be shocked if he gave it one more shot.”

Lesnar’s last UFC fight came while still under contract with WWE at UFC 200 in July 2016.

While Lesnar initially defeated Mark Hunt by unanimous decision, the bout was later changed to a no contest after Lesnar tested positive for anti-estrogen agent clomiphene.

Lesnar was suspended for one year, but as of July 2017, he still hadn’t re-entered the United States Anti-Doping Agency testing pool.

That means his suspension is frozen one year until he does decide to re-enter.

Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (h/t Marc Middleton of WrestlingInc.com) reported in October that Lesnar’s contract runs through WrestleMania 34 in April.

Meltzer added that Lesnar would have certain obligations with WWE through August if it expires, but the expectation is Lesnar will exercise the option to renew it.

The 40-year-old Lesnar is 5-3 in his MMA career with one no contest. He beat Randy Couture to win the UFC Heavyweight Championship in 2008 and had successful defenses against Frank Mir and Shane Carwin before dropping it to Cain Velasquez. 

Read more MMA news on BleacherReport.com

CM Punk Tweets After Announcement of UFC 225 in Chicago

CM Punk tweeted Saturday after the UFC announced that UFC 225 will be held in Chicago on June 9.
With the following post, Punk suggested he might have interest in being part of the card:

Punk is a Chicago native who hasn’t competed since UFC 203 in Se…

CM Punk tweeted Saturday after the UFC announced that UFC 225 will be held in Chicago on June 9.

With the following post, Punk suggested he might have interest in being part of the card:

Punk is a Chicago native who hasn’t competed since UFC 203 in September 2016. He lost that bout to Mickey Gall by submission in the first round.

Since that defeat, the 39-year-old Punk’s UFC career has been in flux.

Shortly after Punk’s loss, UFC President Dana White said on UFC Tonight that he didn’t envision the former WWE Superstar having another fight in his promotion (h/t Tristen Critchfield of Sherdog.com): “Is CM Punk going to be a guy who is going to stay in the UFC and continue to fight? Probably not. But he wanted to try it. I like the guy. I respect the guy. He wanted to fight in the UFC. He wanted to do it. He trained for two years, and he did it.”

In January, however, White seemed to have a change of heart.

He told the Associated Press he was “working on” the second fight for Punk and added (h/t ESPN.com’s Brett Okamoto)“I like that guy. He’s a good dude. He wants to give it another shot. I’m going to give it to him.”

UFC 225 will be the first UFC pay-per-view held in Chicago, and getting a hometown favorite like Punk on the card could help generate interest regardless of who else is set to fight.

Punk is still searching for success inside the Octagon, but as a five-time WWE world champion, he has big-time name recognition despite his limitations as a fighter.

Read more MMA news on BleacherReport.com

Anderson Silva Reportedly Tested Positive for Steroid, Diuretic in October

UFC star Anderson Silva reportedly tested positive for both a steroid and a diuretic in October. 
On Friday, MMA Fighting’s Marc Raimondi confirmed a report that was first publicized by Combate. Per Raimondi, Silva tested positive for methyltestos…

UFC star Anderson Silva reportedly tested positive for both a steroid and a diuretic in October. 

On Friday, MMA Fighting’s Marc Raimondi confirmed a report that was first publicized by Combate. Per Raimondi, Silva tested positive for methyltestosterone in addition to the diuretic.

Since methyltestosterone is an anabolic agent, it could yield a two-year suspension.

Silva tested positive for anabolic steroids following a UFC 183 tilt with Nick Diaz in 2015, which resulted in a one-year suspension

The 42-year-old veteran was supposed to headline UFC Fight Night with Kelvin Gastelum in November 2017, but Silva was pulled from the fight due to his most recent positive test.

According to Raimondi, Silva could be suspended for as many as four years if the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency considers his previous positive test.

The Brazilian star hasn’t fought since beating Derek Brunson at UFC 208 in February 2017. That win broke a string of five consecutive outings without a victory.

Silva is considered one of the greatest fighters in UFC history, as his 2,457-day run with the UFC Middleweight Championship still stands as the longest title reign in the history of the promotion.

Since Silva was already slipping in recent years, a suspension of any length could potentially spell the end of his illustrious career in the Octagon.

Read more MMA news on BleacherReport.com

Ronda Rousey Says She Won’t Be at WWE Royal Rumble 2018 Amid Rumors

Ronda Rousey squashed rumors Wednesday that she will be involved in the first ever women’s match at Sunday’s WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view.
Rousey shut down the speculation in an interview with TMZ Sports, saying, “I’m actually leaving to Colombia righ…

Ronda Rousey squashed rumors Wednesday that she will be involved in the first ever women’s match at Sunday’s WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

Rousey shut down the speculation in an interview with TMZ Sports, saying, “I’m actually leaving to Colombia right now to finish shooting Mile 22 and I won’t be back until mid-February.”

The former UFC Women’s Bantamweight champion added that she hasn’t signed any deal with WWE yet either.

Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (h/t Johny Payne of Sportskeeda) reported this week that Rousey was “likely” to win the Rumble match.

In December, Martin Rogers of USA Today reported that a deal between Rousey and WWE was “imminent.”

On Jan. 9, TMZ Sports captured video of Rousey and Triple H—WWE’s Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events and Creative—as they left the same restaurant after what was presumed to be a business meeting.

Rousey is a lifelong wrestling fan, and it has long been assumed she would do something with WWE following her UFC career.

After losing consecutive fights at UFC 193 and UFC 207, it is unknown if Rousey will step foot inside the Octagon again.

Even though her undefeated aura was erased, she remains a huge draw and a potential crossover superstar, which makes her an ideal target for WWE.

The combat sports world was buzzing when she made a surprise appearance at WrestleMania 31 three years ago by helping The Rock beat down Triple H and Stephanie McMahon.

WWE would receive even more publicity by signing Rousey to a deal that includes matches. While that may yet happen, Rousey’s busy acting schedule apparently won’t allow her to take part in one of the biggest matches in the history of women’s wrestling at the Royal Rumble.

 

 

Listen to Ring Rust Radio for all of the hot wrestling topics. Catch the latest episode in the player below (warning: some language NSFW).

 

 

 

Read more MMA news on BleacherReport.com