Check out the betting odds for tonight’s Bellator 222 card, where Rory MacDonald is favored to defend his welterweight belt against Neiman Gracie in the GP main event.
The stacked Bellator 222 card goes down tonight from the storied Madison Square Garden in New York, City. Bloody Elbow has the betting odds.
The top of the billing has Bellator’s welterweight champion Rory MacDonald favored over the undefeated Neiman Gracie. This bout is also a semifinal matchup of Bellator’s welterweight Grand Prix. MacDonald opened up with a favored moneyline of -145, and has since drifted out a bit further to -185. Gracie barely started out as a betting underdog at +105, but now resides around the +160 mark. The oddsmakers do not project this one going the full 25-minutes. “Fight doesn’t go to decision’ owns the favored line at -175, with a +135 comeback on ‘Fight goes to decision.’
There will be a clash of legends in the Bellator 222 co-main event when former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida returns to 205-pounds to face multiple time title challenger Chael Sonnen. Sonnen will be returning to light heavyweight after his run in Bellator’s heavyweight Grand Prix last year. Machida is heavily favored over Sonnen here. After first opening up with a moneyline of -265, Machida has ventured further into the favored realm and now resides around -360. Sonnen started out as a +185 betting underdog, but is now hanging around the +300 mark. The bookies are torn on whether or not this matchup will reach the scorecards. ‘Fight goes to decision’ is available at -130 with ‘Fight doesn’t go to decision’ at =105.
Also on the main card, world class Jiu-Jitsu player Dillon Danis is a massive -1300 betting favorite in his second pro MMA match to the +850 Max Humphrey. Before that, Bellator’s bantamweight champ Darrion Caldwell is a -160 favorite in his rematch with RIZIN’s champ and +140 underdog Kyoji Horiguchi. Their first matchup was won by Horiguchi with a third round submission.
Bellator 222 takes place this Saturday, May 11, and will air live on DAZN at 10:00 P.M. ET. The prelims will begin at 6:30 P.M. ET.
Check out the Bellator 222 betting odds, courtesy of BestFight Odds:
For an in-depth breakdown of each Bellator 222 tilt, check out The MMA Vivisection with Bloody Elbow’s own Zane Simon, Edie Mercado, and Victor Rodriguez. Be sure to subscribe to our Bloody Elbow Presents YouTube channel to stay up to date with all of our podcast content. Stay glued to Bloody Elbow for all of your event coverage including play-by-play, results, highlights, and more! Happy hunting!
- Rory MacDonald vs. Neiman Gracie: Welterweight Title/Grand Prix
- Lyoto Machida vs. Chael Sonnen: Light Heavyweight
- Dillon Danis vs. Max Humphrey: 175-pounds
- Ricky Bandejas vs. Patrick Mix: Bantamweight
- Eduardo Dantas vs. Juan Archuleta: Featherweight
- Darrion Caldwell vs. Kyoji Horiguchi: Bantamweight
- Aaron Pico vs. Adam Borics
- Heather Hardy vs. Taylor Turner
- Valerie Loureda vs. Larkyn Dasch
- Robson Gracie Jr. vs. Oscar Vera
- Mike Kimbel vs. Sebastian Ruiz
- Haim Gozali vs. Gustavo Wurlitzer
- Rena Kubota vs. Lindsay VanZandt
- Phil Hawes vs. Michael Wilcox
- Marcus Surin vs. Nekruz Mirkhojaev
- Brandon Medina vs. Brandon Polcare
- Kastriot Xhema vs. Whitney Jean Francois
- John Beneduce vs. Kenny Rivera