This past weekend’s (Sat. November 10, 2018) UFC Denver card featured some great fights. However, some fighters did suffer some injuries that will keep them sidelined for a while.
In the main event of the night, Yair Rodriguez pulled off a thrilling last-second knockout win over “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung. Rodriguez has been issued a 180-day medical suspension after the brawl. However, he can be cleared earlier with the note of a doctor. Regardless, he will serve a 60-day minimum suspension either way.
Jung has been issued a 60-day minimum suspension after being knocked out by “El Pantera.” Also, co-main event competitor Mike Perry was given a 90-day suspension after being armbarred by Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone in the first round. However, should he obtain clearance from a doctor’s letter, he can return earlier with no minimum suspension.
Check out the full UFC Denver medical suspensions below (via Sherdog):
- Yair Rodriguez: Suspended 180 days, can be cleared earlier with doctor letter; 60-day suspension minimum
- Maycee Barber: Suspended 180 days, can be cleared earlier with doctor letter; no minimum suspension
- Mike Perry: Suspended 90 days, can be cleared earlier with doctor letter; no minimum suspension
- Chan Sung Jung: Suspended 60 days minimum
- Hannah Cifers: Suspended 60 days minimum
- Julian Erosa: Suspended 60 days minimum
The post UFC Denver Medical Suspensions: Yair Rodriguez Gets Max Sit appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.