Cowboy Teases UFC 239 Fight With Conor McGregor

Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone has once again teased a fight with Conor McGregor. The match-up has been teased for the past several weeks, and it sounds like this might just be the direction the UFC is going in for McGregor’s next fight. Rec…

Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone has once again teased a fight with Conor McGregor. The match-up has been teased for the past several weeks, and it sounds like this might just be the direction the UFC is going in for McGregor’s next fight. Recently, Cerrone took to Instagram to once again tease a fight with “Notorious”. He […]

The post Cowboy Teases UFC 239 Fight With Conor McGregor appeared first on MMA News.

Cowboy Teases Possible Dates For Next Fight

Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone has been linked to rumors of a potential fight with Conor McGregor next. Should the fight happen, it looks like Cerrone has two dates nailed down to choose from. “Cowboy” posted a picture of himself in th…

Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone has been linked to rumors of a potential fight with Conor McGregor next. Should the fight happen, it looks like Cerrone has two dates nailed down to choose from. “Cowboy” posted a picture of himself in the gym training. He captioned it with, “April 13 or July 6th  just waiting to ” : Either […]

The post Cowboy Teases Possible Dates For Next Fight appeared first on MMA News.

Dana White Shoots Down Joe Rogan’s Claim That McGregor vs. Cowboy Is ‘Done Deal’

UFC commentator Joe Rogan held a special “Fight Companion” episode of his podcast, “The Joe Rogan Experience” last night (Sun. February 17, 2019). Rogan, along with ex-UFC heavyweight Brendan Schaub, jiu-jitsu legend Eddie Bravo…

UFC commentator Joe Rogan held a special “Fight Companion” episode of his podcast, “The Joe Rogan Experience” last night (Sun. February 17, 2019). Rogan, along with ex-UFC heavyweight Brendan Schaub, jiu-jitsu legend Eddie Bravo, and actor Bryan Callen, watched the main card of UFC Phoenix. During the podcast, Rogan said that, as far as he […]

The post Dana White Shoots Down Joe Rogan’s Claim That McGregor vs. Cowboy Is ‘Done Deal’ appeared first on MMA News.

Donald Cerrone Refuses To Reunite With Jackson-Wink

Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone has no plans on reuniting with his former Jackson-Wink mixed martial arts (MMA) gym. Cerrone and coach Mike Winkeljohn had a very bad falling out with one another that was very public. Things hit a boiling point ahead of Cerrone’s fight with Mike Perry late last year. Since the fall out Cerrone […]

The post Donald Cerrone Refuses To Reunite With Jackson-Wink appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone has no plans on reuniting with his former Jackson-Wink mixed martial arts (MMA) gym.

Cerrone and coach Mike Winkeljohn had a very bad falling out with one another that was very public. Things hit a boiling point ahead of Cerrone’s fight with Mike Perry late last year. Since the fall out Cerrone has maintained a good relationship with coach Greg Jackson, however, his time with the Jackson-Wink team has ultimately come to an end.

Speaking at a fan Q&A during UFC 234 fight week in Australia, Cerrone was asked about possibly returning to the Jackson-Wink gym. “Cowboy” confirmed that bridge is pretty much burnt (via MMA News):

“Hell no. You burn a bridge with me, you’re dead my friend,” Cerrone said.

Different Opinions

Cerrone seems very happy with his current position. He trains out of his own “BMF Ranch” in New Mexico. Not only is “Cowboy” able to simply walk to his backyard to train, but he also flies in his own coaches, and can enjoy a cold beer after a hard training session:

“I just don’t understand why people don’t invest more in themselves,” Cerrone said. “Every time I got money I would just keep building and building and building and building this compound because it’s all about me. It’s very selfish in this sport.

“I think it’s a good idea, I just walk out of my bed, go to my backyard and train, I fly all my coaches in, s—t it works for me. I got a [fridge] full of Budweiser and a house full of coaches. That’s what we do.”

As of late, Cerrone has been linked to talks of a fan-favorite match-up between himself and Conor McGregor. Talk of the match-up really begun to heat up after Cerrone’s victory at UFC Brooklyn last month. McGregor is currently serving a six-month suspension for his involvement in a post-fight brawl at UFC 229. He’s eligible to return to action in April.

The post Donald Cerrone Refuses To Reunite With Jackson-Wink appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Anthony Pettis Accepts Jose Aldo Fight Challenge

Yesterday (Fri. February 2, 2019) we noted that Jose Aldo suggested a fight with Anthony Pettis. The pair were supposed to fight several years ago when they each reigned as the UFC’s featherweight and lightweight champions, respectively. However, the fight never came to fruition. Since, both men have been dethroned from the top of their […]

The post Anthony Pettis Accepts Jose Aldo Fight Challenge appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Yesterday (Fri. February 2, 2019) we noted that Jose Aldo suggested a fight with Anthony Pettis.

The pair were supposed to fight several years ago when they each reigned as the UFC’s featherweight and lightweight champions, respectively. However, the fight never came to fruition. Since, both men have been dethroned from the top of their divisions, and are now fighting their way back up the rankings.

However, Aldo is nearing retirement, and has only a few fights left on his UFC contract. Pettis is currently gearing up to make his welterweight debut in a thrilling striking contest against former welterweight title challenger Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson. They’ll headline UFC Nashville on March 23rd.

Promoting his fight tonight (Sat. February 2, 2019) in the co-main event of UFC on ESPN+ 2, Aldo spoke to media recently and discussed his upcoming retirement. He revealed he was offered a fight against Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone, however, the fight never happened as the UFC seems to be wanting to go in a different direction now.

Aldo said he was excited for the potential match-up, but now suggests making the fight with Pettis finally happen:

“But (Anthony) Pettis would be an excellent opponent. We were close to fighting twice before and didn’t happen. Having this fight in May, at lightweight, would be even better.”

Pettis picked up word of this and addressed it in a recent social media post. Here’s what he had to say:

“I accept! I love Brazil ?? gonna be a fun year !!”

Aldo will face Renato Moicano in the co-main event of tonight’s UFC Fortaleza card. He comes off a big TKO victory over Jeremy Stephens this past summer, his first victory since 2016.

The post Anthony Pettis Accepts Jose Aldo Fight Challenge appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Jose Aldo Reveals He Was Recently Offered Donald Cerrone Fight

Former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo will return to the Octagon tomorrow (Sat. February 2, 2019). He’ll co-headline UFC on ESPN+ 2 from the Centro de Formação Olímpica do Nordeste in Fortaleza, Brazil. Aldo will be facing his fellow countryman Renato Moicano. Before that fight was made official, however, Aldo told media recently that he […]

The post Jose Aldo Reveals He Was Recently Offered Donald Cerrone Fight appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo will return to the Octagon tomorrow (Sat. February 2, 2019).

He’ll co-headline UFC on ESPN+ 2 from the Centro de Formação Olímpica do Nordeste in Fortaleza, Brazil. Aldo will be facing his fellow countryman Renato Moicano. Before that fight was made official, however, Aldo told media recently that he was offered a fight with lightweight fan favorite Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone.

However, the UFC seems to be going in a different direction with Cerrone, likely matching him up with Conor McGregor next. Instead, Aldo proposes a fight with former 155-pound champion Anthony “Showtime” Pettis (via MMA Fighting):

“This fight was very close (to happening),” Aldo said. “They offered it to us and I was really happy because we’re both aggressive fighters and it would be a big fight, but the discussion has taken another path now, he’s trying to fight Conor (McGregor) and I don’t see how this fight happens now.

“But (Anthony) Pettis would be an excellent opponent. We were close to fighting twice before and didn’t happen. Having this fight in May, at lightweight, would be even better.”

Pettis is gearing up to make his welterweight debut against former 170-pound title challenger Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson. They’ll face off at UFC Nashville on March 23rd. Should both Pettis and Aldo emerge victorious in their next bouts, it would make for a huge dream fight between the pair.

As far as who else Aldo has on his list of potential opponents moving forward, the Brazilian said he’s down to scrap with anyone in the top-15 at 145 pounds. He also mentioned he’d fight a few lightweights, such as Dustin Poirier:

“Every ranked featherweight, down to the No. 15,” Aldo said. “I put some lightweights there as well, like Dustin Poirier and other ranked fighters. All 15 names. Take a look at the rankings and that’s pretty much my list.”

The post Jose Aldo Reveals He Was Recently Offered Donald Cerrone Fight appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.