Jose Aldo Released From Hospital In Rio De Janeiro

Earlier this week, news broke that former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo had been hospitalized in his native Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The MMA world will be grateful to see Aldo released from said hospital today. According to a report from Combate (via MMA Mania), Aldo was released from Samaritano Hospital in Rio de Janeiro […]

The post Jose Aldo Released From Hospital In Rio De Janeiro appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Earlier this week, news broke that former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo had been hospitalized in his native Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The MMA world will be grateful to see Aldo released from said hospital today.

According to a report from Combate (via MMA Mania), Aldo was released from Samaritano Hospital in Rio de Janeiro this morning. He should be able to resume training in a few days. He was hospitalized for a bacterial infection due to a cut last Wednesday.

It’s apparently great news for his upcoming fight. Aldo is scheduled to take on surging competitor Alexander Volkanovski at May 11’s UFC 237 from Curitiba, Brazil. Aldo’s longtime coach Andre Pederneiras confirmed that the fight will still move forward as planned and the injury won’t affect it.

That’s good news for fights fans. It’s especially good for Brazilian fans who want one last chance to see the legend fight on native soil. Aldo has won his last two fights over Jeremy Stephens and Renato Moicano, finishing both with relentless body shots. He’s put together a late-career resurgence after two brutal losses to current champion Max Holloway.

Aldo has teased at fighting the last two bouts of his current UFC contract and retiring. But he’s not going to do that against any easy challenge. ‘The Great’ is arguably featherweight’s fastest-rising star. He’s won six straight fights in the UFC and sits at a resounding 19-1 overall. He was last seen knocking out former title challenger Chad Mendes.

A win over Volkanovski would propel Aldo back into the title discussion for an unlikely shot at gold as his decorated career winds down. For that reason, it’s fortunate he was able to emerge from the hospital relatively unscathed.

The post Jose Aldo Released From Hospital In Rio De Janeiro appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Dana White Says Usman Will Fight Covington As Soon As He’s Healthy

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president Dana White plans to book Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington once the welterweight champion is healthy. Covington has done all he can to keep his name in the mix at 170 pounds and it has paid off. Back in Jun…

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president Dana White plans to book Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington once the welterweight champion is healthy. Covington has done all he can to keep his name in the mix at 170 pounds and it has paid off. Back in June 2018, “Chaos” captured the interim welterweight title against Rafael dos […]

The post Dana White Says Usman Will Fight Covington As Soon As He’s Healthy appeared first on MMA News.

Anthony Pettis Open To Conor McGregor Showdown In July

Throw in Anthony Pettis’ name for the Conor McGregor sweepstakes. Last night (March 24), Pettis made the move up to welterweight to take on Stephen Thompson. The bout headlined UFC Nashville. In the second round, Pettis nailed “Wonderboy&#8…

Throw in Anthony Pettis’ name for the Conor McGregor sweepstakes. Last night (March 24), Pettis made the move up to welterweight to take on Stephen Thompson. The bout headlined UFC Nashville. In the second round, Pettis nailed “Wonderboy” with a superman punch that put him to sleep. Pettis Responds To McGregor’s Call For An Opponent […]

The post Anthony Pettis Open To Conor McGregor Showdown In July appeared first on MMA News.

Stephen Thompson Addresses KO Loss To Anthony Pettis

Stephen Thompson addresses his latest defeat inside of the Octagon to one former UFC champion. Ex-UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis scored a second round knockout over the title contender in the headliner of UFC Nashville. This event went down on Saturday night (March 24, 2019) at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee on ESPN+. Following […]

The post Stephen Thompson Addresses KO Loss To Anthony Pettis appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Stephen Thompson addresses his latest defeat inside of the Octagon to one former UFC champion.

Ex-UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis scored a second round knockout over the title contender in the headliner of UFC Nashville. This event went down on Saturday night (March 24, 2019) at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee on ESPN+.

Following this fight, Thompson had to be sent to a hospital, but that didn’t stop him from getting on social media to talk about the fight. He went live on his official Facebook page to give his reaction to the devastating finish.

“After 80 fights I’ve never been KO’d – this time by a small guy,” Thompson said (H/T to MMAJunkie). “I can’t believe he got me with the Superman punch. Golly. Superman off the cage. It was so ninja I didn’t even see it coming.”

“I was piecing him up with the jab,” Thompson said. “I was trying to break his arms with the roundhouse kick. I guess the side kicks, I switched over too much. His punches were slow. The heck? I don’t remember anything. Next thing I knew I was in the back wondering what happened.”

Thompson would add in this video that he hopes to headline the UFC’s debut in his home state of South Carolina this June. That could not happen depending on how long of a medical suspension he gets.

The post Stephen Thompson Addresses KO Loss To Anthony Pettis appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Anthony Pettis Has Target Date For Conor McGregor Fight

Anthony Pettis has a target date for a potential showdown against former UFC lightweight and featherweight champion Conor McGregor. After teasing this fight, McGregor would give his reaction to Pettis’ latest win inside of the Octagon. Pettis scored a second round knockout over title contender Stephen Thompson in the headliner of UFC Nashville. This event […]

The post Anthony Pettis Has Target Date For Conor McGregor Fight appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Anthony Pettis has a target date for a potential showdown against former UFC lightweight and featherweight champion Conor McGregor. After teasing this fight, McGregor would give his reaction to Pettis’ latest win inside of the Octagon.

Pettis scored a second round knockout over title contender Stephen Thompson in the headliner of UFC Nashville. This event went down on Saturday night (March 24, 2019) at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee on ESPN+.

Following the fight, while talking with the media, the former UFC lightweight champion elaborated on his desire to fight McGregor, who doesn’t have his next fight lined up.

“That’s a fun fight,” he told MMA Junkie. “(He’s) another guy that I love his style, another guy that’s going to be a fun style to fight. If he wants to do it, let’s do it. I’m not afraid to fight anybody. If it’s not him, then the next guy in line.”

Pettis already has a date in mind which is the UFC 239 pay-per-view event that goes down on July 6th as part of International Fight week in Las Vegas, Nevada at the T-Mobile Arena. He also thinks this fight should be held at welterweight.

“We’re both natural, I think, there,” Pettis said. “If it’s not for a title, why cut?”

The post Anthony Pettis Has Target Date For Conor McGregor Fight appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Dana White Targets Henry Cejudo vs. Marlon Moraes For UFC Bantamweight Title

Dana White targets a fight between UFC flyweight champion Henry Cejudo and Marlon Moraes for the vacant UFC bantamweight title. The title is vacant due to TJ Dillashaw voluntarily relinquishing it due to a recent failed drug test showing up. Dillashaw had been suspended for one year and fined $10,000 by the New York State […]

The post Dana White Targets Henry Cejudo vs. Marlon Moraes For UFC Bantamweight Title appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Dana White targets a fight between UFC flyweight champion Henry Cejudo and Marlon Moraes for the vacant UFC bantamweight title.

The title is vacant due to TJ Dillashaw voluntarily relinquishing it due to a recent failed drug test showing up. Dillashaw had been suspended for one year and fined $10,000 by the New York State Athletic Commission (NYSAC) for failing a USADA drug test. The failed drug test came from his fight with Henry Cejudo.

White elaborated on his idea on Saturday night following the UFC Nashville event. This is where he hinted at his plans by throwing out Cejudo vs. Moraes for the title with Jussier Formiga and Joseph Benavidez serving as a backup in case either fighter can’t make the fight.

“They both want that fight really bad,” White told MMAJunkie. “It seems like a good fight to make with the whole Dillashaw thing now, and then you do (Formiga) versus Benavidez on the same card – anything goes wrong, one of them can step up and take the fight, and then the winner of that fight is the guaranteed No. 1 contender for the next (flyweight) shot.”

It makes sense as Cejudo is the latest fighter to beat Dillashaw while Moraes has emerged as the expected challenger for the bantamweight title. He’s fresh off a knockout win over Raphael Assuncao.

The post Dana White Targets Henry Cejudo vs. Marlon Moraes For UFC Bantamweight Title appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.