Khabib Nurmagomedov Reveals the UFC is ‘Working on’ Fight Against Conor McGregor

Khabib Nurmagomedov definitely plans on defending his UFC lightweight title in 2018 and the most likely opponent remains former champion Conor McGregor. Over the weekend, Nurmagomedov did a live chat with fans on Instagram where he revealed the current…

Khabib Nurmagomedov definitely plans on defending his UFC lightweight title in 2018 and the most likely opponent remains former champion Conor McGregor. Over the weekend, Nurmagomedov did a live chat with fans on Instagram where he revealed the current plans in the works for a showdown with McGregor later this year. Previously, Nurmagomedov had mentioned […]

The post Khabib Nurmagomedov Reveals the UFC is ‘Working on’ Fight Against Conor McGregor appeared first on MMA News.

Top Fight Lawyer Reveals Why Conor McGregor’s Legal Team Wants Him Back Fighting

Here’s some insight from a Brooklyn lawyer on Conor McGregor’s legal issues:

The post Top Fight Lawyer Reveals Why Conor McGregor’s Legal Team Wants Him Back Fighting appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Earlier this month (June 14, 2018), former two-division UFC champion Conor McGregor appeared in court in Brooklyn following his outburst at the Barclays Center after a UFC 223 media day this past April.

Ultimately, however, little regarding his future was settled, as the court agreed to let McGregor return to court next month, while his team attempts to strike a plea deal.

As far as the plea deal goes, top fight lawyer Dmitriy Shakhnevich, who recently spoke with Bloody Elbow, said that it will likely focus on getting McGregor back into the Octagon as soon as possible where he can continue to make money, which is a key part of his character:

“It looks like what happened is exactly what most thought would happen,” Shakhnevich said. “His lawyers probably as soon as they got into the case back in April – or I guess it was the beginning of May – called the D.A.’s (district attorney’s) office and started talking (about) a plea deal. It didn’t look like the evidence was in Conor’s favor, and with a plea deal they save a whole lot, they can get fighting faster. They likely keep him here in terms of allowing him to re-enter (the country), and they keep him making money. And that’s really all he’s concerned about. At the end of the day there’s this persona, he’s a charismatic superstar, that’s fine. He’s used to a lifestyle now, and he’s got to maintain that lifestyle and that means he needs to make money. This way he can get to that faster.”

As far as what could come next, Shakhnevich gave his thoughts on the process and implied that McGregor will likely have to appear in court a few more times:

“Sure, I presume that he would need to either plead either to a misdemeanor or a violation which is a non-criminal disposition,” he said. “And sometimes what they do is what’s called a conditional plea, which is a two-step. So if you plea to, for example, a misdemeanor, then you complete certain conditions and then the let you re-plea a non-criminal disposition. And that would probably be the best case scenario. I presume that plea would include some form of community service and of course, taking some form of community service, monetary penalties just to reimburse for all the damage, restitution. And that would mean that if he fulfills all these conditions, maybe he doesn’t have to go back to court to show all that to the judge. Although he probably will because this is a serious case. He’s probably at this point looking forward to at most two more court appearances.”

McGregor hasn’t competed inside of the Octagon since finishing Eddie Alvarez in November 2016. He was then defeated by Floyd Mayweather in a highly publicized boxing match that took place last August.

The post Top Fight Lawyer Reveals Why Conor McGregor’s Legal Team Wants Him Back Fighting appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Michael Bisping Will Not Campaign For UFC Hall Of Fame

Michael Bisping is an icon in MMA. The British star, who retired recently, has been seen as a true great of the sport not only in the U.K but in the sport worldwide. Many fans would agree that his career is worthy of a Hall of Fame spot. Bisping began …

Michael Bisping is an icon in MMA. The British star, who retired recently, has been seen as a true great of the sport not only in the U.K but in the sport worldwide. Many fans would agree that his career is worthy of a Hall of Fame spot. Bisping began his career on The Ultimate […]

The post Michael Bisping Will Not Campaign For UFC Hall Of Fame appeared first on MMA News.

Colby Covington Delivers Warning To ‘Two-Pump Chump’ Tyron Woodley

Colby Covington has a new set of insults for Tyron Woodley:

The post Colby Covington Delivers Warning To ‘Two-Pump Chump’ Tyron Woodley appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

It’s not official yet, but the overwhelming belief is that UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley will return soon for a grudge match with newly crowned interim UFC welterweight champion Colby Covington in the very near future.

The two former training partners have already begun trading blows – and it hasn’t been pretty – in the mere moments after Covington won the placeholder strap in a five-round decision win over Rafael dos Anjos at June 9’s UFC 225, so the fight now has a preinstalled trash talk war to build on their already bad blood-filled history as (sort of) teammates at American Top Team (ATT).

It’s gotten so bad, so fast that Woodley has claimed he wants to get ‘banned from the UFC’ and has already brought Covington’s family into the mix, but to fair, any and all topics are open season for ‘Chaos’ in his seemingly never-ending, scripted trash talk vignettes that may or may not be working to actually get him the following he clearly so desires.

Just that was recently the case for Covington, who spoke up even more about his new archrival on The MMA Hour, poking fun at Woodley’s rap album and acting career while calling him his trademark “TyQuil” insult for the perceived boringness of his fights. Despite an overarching penchant for winning fights on the scorecards, Covington promised to put the champ to sleep for good:

“Tyquil, there’s nowhere else to run,” Covington said. “There’s nowhere else to hide. What you gonna do now? No more rap albums. I know all the people hate me, but if you really want to hate me, go look on Google and try to listen to this dude rap. That’s why he’s trying to come fight. That’s why he’s begging to fight me now, because his rap album is failing. He’s got baby mamas to pay. That dude is a joke, man. His B-list acting career that goes straight to DVD, it is no more. Don’t worry, Tyquil. I’m sending you to sleep for good, motherf*cker.”

The interim champion insists he’s cocksure about the outcome of their pending match-up based on their history of training together at ATT, sessions which Covington claims Woodley quit due to the sheer amount of oxygen required to sustain his massively muscled frame:

“Every single round, every single time,” Covington said. “He literally never took one round off me. First round, he would be so tired trying to get oxygen to those muscles. The second round would just be easy pickings to me. I would pick him apart, do whatever I want to him. That’s the real reason he never wanted to talk to me again, after I gave him enough beatings. He was like, ‘Nah, I’m not doing this anymore.’”

But as for “The Chosen One’s” trash talk, Covington said he doesn’t see any of it. If the champion truly wants to bring some smack talk his way, he said, he can unblock him on social media after he supposedly shut him off and say it to his face:

“I don’t see anything he says,” Covington said. “Anything he says is fake news. He just tries to come out in the media, he’s trying to steal my spotlight. He knows I’m the real world champ. He’s got that fool’s gold at home. If he has something to say, he can say it to my face or unblock me and say it to me and let me see it, like a real man.”

Finally, Covington used an insult that only “Chaos” could before proclaiming Woodley wouldn’t last the distance when they did fight:

“He’s a little two-pump chump,” Covington said. “He won’t last more than two rounds.”

The post Colby Covington Delivers Warning To ‘Two-Pump Chump’ Tyron Woodley appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Colby Covington: Woodley Knows I’m The Real World Champ

Colby Covington says Tyron Woodley concedes that the real champ is “Chaos.” Earlier this month, Covington took on former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight title holder Rafael dos Anjos. The bout was contested for the interim …

Colby Covington says Tyron Woodley concedes that the real champ is “Chaos.” Earlier this month, Covington took on former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight title holder Rafael dos Anjos. The bout was contested for the interim welterweight gold. Covington vs. dos Anjos served as UFC 225’s co-main event. After five rounds of action, Covington was […]

The post Colby Covington: Woodley Knows I’m The Real World Champ appeared first on MMA News.

Report: UFC Targeting Rafael dos Anjos vs. Kamaru Usman

A pivotal welterweight fight appears to be in the works:

The post Report: UFC Targeting Rafael dos Anjos vs. Kamaru Usman appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

A pivotal welterweight fight could be taking place in the coming months.

According to a report from BJPenn.com’s Chris Taylor, the UFC is ‘working on’ a bout between former lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos and surging contender Kamaru Usman:

Dos Anjos last competed earlier this month in Chicago at UFC 225, dropping a unanimous decision defeat to Colby Covington in an interim title fight. Prior to that, the Brazilian had won three consecutive fights over the likes of Tarec Saffiedine, Neil Magny and Robbie Lawler since moving up to 170 pounds in 2017.

He also underwent ear surgery following his loss to Covington.

Usman, on the other hand, has been gradually climbing up the welterweight rankings, winning an incredibly impressive 12-straight fights including eight-straight in the UFC. Most recently, ‘The Nigerian Nightmare’ picked up a decision victory over veteran Demian Maia in Chile.

The post Report: UFC Targeting Rafael dos Anjos vs. Kamaru Usman appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.