Khabib’s Father Gives His Expected NSAC Suspension Length For UFC 229 Brawl

Khabib’s father gives his expected suspension length for the lightweight champ’s involvement in the UFC 229 brawl. Earlier this week it was revealed that Nurmagomedov was granted a continuance in his Nevada commission case that stems from his latest incident. The Nevada State Athletic Commision won’t have another meeting until January 29. That is when […]

The post Khabib’s Father Gives His Expected NSAC Suspension Length For UFC 229 Brawl appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Khabib’s father gives his expected suspension length for the lightweight champ’s involvement in the UFC 229 brawl. Earlier this week it was revealed that Nurmagomedov was granted a continuance in his Nevada commission case that stems from his latest incident.

The Nevada State Athletic Commision won’t have another meeting until January 29. That is when Khabib and McGregor are expected to have their hearings. After the UFC 229 headliner, the UFC lightweight champion went flying out of the Octagon. He got into a brawl with some of McGregor’s teammates, mainly training partner Dillon Danis.

Khabib Nurmagomedov’s father stated in an interview what he thinks will happen once this meeting takes place.

“As far as I understand, we will get a fine of $500,000. Maybe we could not fight in the next nine months,” he said (h/t The Express). “Of course, it should have never happened. Now we are just looking forward to a bright future and other lucrative fights.”

Tony Ferguson is the most likely next challenger for Nurmagomedov and his lightweight title. UFC President Dana White has stated in the past that he’s not concerned with how the NSAC handles this situation. Instead, he’s handling the day-to-day business of running the UFC.

The post Khabib’s Father Gives His Expected NSAC Suspension Length For UFC 229 Brawl appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Khabib’s Father Shares Expected NSAC Suspension Length

Earlier this week, it was reported that reigning UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov had been granted a continuance in his pending Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) case, with the next commission meeting scheduled for January 29th. Howev…

Earlier this week, it was reported that reigning UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov had been granted a continuance in his pending Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) case, with the next commission meeting scheduled for January 29th. However, Khabib’s father, Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov, may know something the rest of us do not, as he seemed to provide […]

The post Khabib’s Father Shares Expected NSAC Suspension Length appeared first on MMA News.

Dustin Poirier Explains Recent Tony Ferguson Call-Out

The UFC’s lightweight division is in a very interesting predicament at the moment. As of this writing, two title challengers stick out like a sore thumb. Those are Dustin Poirier and Tony Ferguson. What these two men have been able to do inside of the Octagon as of late has been nothing short of incredible. […]

The post Dustin Poirier Explains Recent Tony Ferguson Call-Out appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

The UFC’s lightweight division is in a very interesting predicament at the moment.

As of this writing, two title challengers stick out like a sore thumb. Those are Dustin Poirier and Tony Ferguson. What these two men have been able to do inside of the Octagon as of late has been nothing short of incredible. However, the argument certainly could be made that Ferguson deserves the nod first. He is currently on an 11-fight win streak and was recently stripped of his interim lightweight title due to injury.

Lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov is awaiting punishment for his involvement in the post-UFC 229 melee against Conor McGregor’s team. He won’t be booked until his punishment from the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) is settled. With that being said, this puts the lightweight title picture – more specifically, Ferguson and Poirier – at a stall. In the meantime, Poirier has an idea of how both men can keep busy:

Speaking to MMA Junkie Radio recently, Poirier explained his call-out of “El Cucuy”:

“I just need clarity on what’s next for me,” Poirier said. “I know some of the stuff is out of the UFC’s hands. I’m not blaming the UFC. But just the whole picture. Let’s get this (expletive) going.  I’m sick of this. I want to fight Tony. And if it’s not Tony, good for Tony, he’s (expletive) more than earned his shot at Khabib. He’s definitely next in line for the world championship.“He’s ahead of me. I agree. But if that’s not going to happen, let’s let the two best guys who are available go at it.

“Or let me and Conor go at it.”

The prospect of a rematch with Conor McGregor is interesting. McGregor knocked Poirier out in their first meeting at featherweight back in 2014. The Irishman has gone on to become one of the biggest stars in all of sports, and a former two-division UFC champion. Meanwhile, Poirier has thrived since moving up to lightweight, propelling himself into title contention:

“It’s a fun fight for the fans and for both of our careers,” Poirier said. “And it makes sense. But I don’t know what makes sense in this (expletive) company any more.”

The post Dustin Poirier Explains Recent Tony Ferguson Call-Out appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Max Holloway Would Entertain Possible Khabib Fight

Max Holloway would entertain a champion vs. champion fight against UFC lightweight title holder Khabib Nurmagomedov. The Las Vegas-based promotion has already attempted to book this fight before earlier this year. Holloway almost fight Khaib back in April at UFC 223 once the fight between Tony Ferguson and Khabib was canceled due to Ferguson suffering […]

The post Max Holloway Would Entertain Possible Khabib Fight appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Max Holloway would entertain a champion vs. champion fight against UFC lightweight title holder Khabib Nurmagomedov. The Las Vegas-based promotion has already attempted to book this fight before earlier this year.

Holloway almost fight Khaib back in April at UFC 223 once the fight between Tony Ferguson and Khabib was canceled due to Ferguson suffering an injury. UFC President Dana White got Holloway to take the fight on short notice but Max was pulled the day of the weigh-ins by the commission.

Following the UFC featherweight champion successfully retaining his title over Brian Ortega in the headliner of UFC 233, Holloway spoke about his future. White has gone on record by stating that this would be Holloway’s last fight at featherweight.

The game plan would be for him to move to lightweight. Thus, at the post-fight presser, Holloway spoke about a potential showdown against Khabib.

“Khabib is another undefeated fighter,” Holloway said (H/T to MMAfighting). “I got this niche, I guess. I just gave an undefeated fighter his first loss. So maybe that one might excite me the most. We were supposed to have that one. So we’ll see what happens. I don’t know. I ain’t picky. Feed me. They all can get it.”

The post Max Holloway Would Entertain Possible Khabib Fight appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Floyd Mayweather Backtracks On Potential MMA Fight

It looks like Floyd Mayweather doesn’t sound too enthusiastic about potentially fighting in mixed martial arts (MMA) anymore. The chatter started up during the build-up to Conor McGregor and Mayweather’s boxing bout last year. Mayweather said he’d like to fight inside the Octagon next. However, that has yet to come even close to materializing. Now, […]

The post Floyd Mayweather Backtracks On Potential MMA Fight appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

It looks like Floyd Mayweather doesn’t sound too enthusiastic about potentially fighting in mixed martial arts (MMA) anymore.

The chatter started up during the build-up to Conor McGregor and Mayweather’s boxing bout last year. Mayweather said he’d like to fight inside the Octagon next. However, that has yet to come even close to materializing. Now, Mayweather will be competing in a bout against undefeated kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa at RIZIN 14.

The show will go down on December 31, 2018, under boxing rules. Regardless of the outcome, the fight will not count on either man’s record. Speaking to media recently to promote the contest, Mayweather was asked about any possible MMA aspirations. When asked about fighting in MMA under special rules, Mayweather said any fight he participates in will have to be under boxing rules (via MMA Junkie):

“Everything is always on my times. I’m the A-side always. I’m not going to fight in an MMA ring. If I do fight in a MMA ring, boxing only. Everything is my rules, it’s my way.

“I worked hard to put myself in the position that I call all the shots, simple and plain. He may be a kickboxer, but he got to abide by my rules, simple and plain. And if he raises his feet, it’s in the contract, I get some more money.”

When further pressed on fighting purely MMA, Mayweather said he’s not a “degenerate”:

“I’m not a (expletive) degenerate. I’m not going into nobody else’s cage and do what they do. I would’ve did that from the beginning. I’m a boxer. Floyd Mayweather is a boxer.

“And if anybody wants to compete against me or fight against me, it’s in the cage. Simple and plain.”

The post Floyd Mayweather Backtracks On Potential MMA Fight appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Gunnar Nelson Disappointed He Wasn’t Part Of McGregor’s Camp For Khabib Fight

This past October, Conor McGregor’s return to the Octagon didn’t go according to plan. The Irishman attempted to reclaim the UFC lightweight championship from Khabib Nurmagomedov. Instead, he was submitted by the Russian in the fourth round…

This past October, Conor McGregor’s return to the Octagon didn’t go according to plan. The Irishman attempted to reclaim the UFC lightweight championship from Khabib Nurmagomedov. Instead, he was submitted by the Russian in the fourth round via neck crank. Now, McGregor is calling for an immediate rematch with Khabib. However, should he need to […]

The post Gunnar Nelson Disappointed He Wasn’t Part Of McGregor’s Camp For Khabib Fight appeared first on MMA News.