Chuck Liddell Responds to Tito Ortiz Hoping For Third Bout

Chuck Liddell has offered a response to Tito Ortiz. Recently, Ortiz expressed interest in a trilogy bout with Liddell. “The Iceman” and “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” are both retired. Liddell hasn’t competed since 2010, w…

Chuck Liddell has offered a response to Tito Ortiz. Recently, Ortiz expressed interest in a trilogy bout with Liddell. “The Iceman” and “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” are both retired. Liddell hasn’t competed since 2010, while Ortiz submitted Chael Sonnen back in early 2017. The Response TMZ Sports caught up with Liddell, who told them […]

Former Bellator Fighter Charged With Attempted Murder

A longtime MMA veteran has found himself in serious trouble in his native Brazil. According to MMA Fighting’s Guilherme Cruz, 40-year-old former Nova Uniao team member Marlon Sandro faces multiple charges stemming from two alleged incidents over the last three months. In the first, Sandro is accused of seriously attacking fiancée Tayssa Wuensche in Rio de […]

The post Former Bellator Fighter Charged With Attempted Murder appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

A longtime MMA veteran has found himself in serious trouble in his native Brazil.

According to MMA Fighting’s Guilherme Cruz, 40-year-old former Nova Uniao team member Marlon Sandro faces multiple charges stemming from two alleged incidents over the last three months.

In the first, Sandro is accused of seriously attacking fiancée Tayssa Wuensche in Rio de Janeiro on December 14, 2017. Sanrdo allegedly choked Wuensche out in the middle of a street, began punching and kicking her when she woke up and injured her arm in the attack. A police report revealed Sandro will face an attempted murder charge for this incident, which came to light after Wuensche made it public on social media late last year.

A second incident arose as well, with Sando allegedly breaking into Wuensche’s home Feb. 9, where she was again confronted at 6:30 p.m. There, he was charged with choking her with a pillow and threatening her with a knife while claiming she had ruined his career. He also allegedly threatened to kill her. Sandro was charged under the “Lei Maria da Penha,” legislation that protects women from domestic abuse.

Wuensche was reportedly saved from the incident by her mother and brother.

Sandro is a 37-fight veteran who has fought for promotions such as Bellator, Pancrase, Shooto, and Road FC. He last competed under the Road banner in August 2017, winning by arm-triangle submission.

However, with legal issues unfortunately piling up, he was kicked out of the famed Nova Uniao camp in December and is now unemployed. While declining comment when contacted by MMA Fighting, Sandro issued an apology on social media earlier this week:

”Guys, I came here to ask you a chance to work,” Sandro said. “I’m unemployed, I need to work, I need to fight, and I’m asking you all an opportunity. I have no problem leaving the country, traveling, working. I’m resolving my problems in justice.

”I know I’ve failed, I know I made a mistake, but I think that every human being has the right to redeem himself and try to fix things in life. I know I’m a good citizen. I know I failed, I know I made a mistake, but I know that I have a lot more to fix and get better.”

It’s important to note he did not address or admit to the attacks in his statement, noting that he only had ‘made mistakes’ and had a lot to fix.

An official date for Sandro to appear in Brazilian court has not been announced as of this writing.

The post Former Bellator Fighter Charged With Attempted Murder appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Bellator Releases Several Fighters Including Former WSOF Champ

Bellator is trimming over a dozen fighters from its roster, a representative for the promotion confirmed to MMA Fighting on Tuesday. 13 fighters to be exact, some coming as more of a surprise than others. Welterweight Fernando Gonzalez defeated the likes of Brennan Ward and current UFC fighter Curtis Millender but was still amongst those cut. […]

The post Bellator Releases Several Fighters Including Former WSOF Champ appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Bellator is trimming over a dozen fighters from its roster, a representative for the promotion confirmed to MMA Fighting on Tuesday.

13 fighters to be exact, some coming as more of a surprise than others. Welterweight Fernando Gonzalez defeated the likes of Brennan Ward and current UFC fighter Curtis Millender but was still amongst those cut.

Bellator staple Georgi Karakhanyan was also among the 13 fighters cut by Bellator, despite two blistering and quick knockouts over Bubba Jenkins.

Francisco France went 1-2 in the promotion, losing two of those in a row. Others given their walking papers were Alexis Dufresne, Francis Carmont, who was most recently defeated by Linton Vassell, Ben Reiter, former notable UFC and Ultimate Fighter alum Kendall Grove, Strikeforce and UFC veteran Kevin Casey, L.C Davis, Mike Rhodes, Philipe Lins, Steve Garcia, as well as Steve Kozola.

Of the 13 cut, their combined records were 39-31-1; many were already free agents while others were terminated mid-contract.

How do you feel about Bellator’s most recent round of cuts?

The post Bellator Releases Several Fighters Including Former WSOF Champ appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Roy Nelson Reacts To Matt Mitrione’s ‘Dirtbag’ Cheating Accusations

Following a hard-fought bout in the main event of last weekend’s (Fri., February 16, 2018) Bellator 194 from Uncasville, Conn., heavyweight Matt Mitrione called out his opponent, former UFC heavyweight Roy Nelson, for supposedly cheating in the third round by brandishing “Big Country” a “dirtbag.” Mitrione claimed that during the frame when he was taken […]

The post Roy Nelson Reacts To Matt Mitrione’s ‘Dirtbag’ Cheating Accusations appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Following a hard-fought bout in the main event of last weekend’s (Fri., February 16, 2018) Bellator 194 from Uncasville, Conn., heavyweight Matt Mitrione called out his opponent, former UFC heavyweight Roy Nelson, for supposedly cheating in the third round by brandishing “Big Country” a “dirtbag.”

Mitrione claimed that during the frame when he was taken down and controlled by Nelson, “Big Country” put his toes in the fence to use greater leverage and rain down ground and pound on him. While Mitrione won and will advance to the next round of the Bellator heavyweight grand prix, he apparently isn’t happy with how Nelson acted nonetheless.

Nelson responded to the accusations by saying he thought he was the one who should be upset considering he lost, but if a third match (the two fought on The Ultimate Fighter 10) were to happen, a different result would happen:

The series is 1-1, yet their feud appears to have taken a new and unexpected turn, perhaps in an effort to promote a third bout somewhere down the line.

Mitrione currently has his hands full with the rest of the grand prix competitors, however, so Nelson would have to gain an alternate position in the event of an injury to another competitor in order to face “Meathead” in the tournament.

Much stranger things have happened in MMA, and Nelson has beat Mitrione before.

What is your take on this rapidly-developing beef? Did Nelson cheat by putting his foot in the fence and not allowing Mitrione to escape, or is “Meathead” complaining about irrelevant issues based on the fact he won the fight?

The post Roy Nelson Reacts To Matt Mitrione’s ‘Dirtbag’ Cheating Accusations appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Matt Mitrione Calls Out Roy Nelson for Cheating at Bellator 194

Despite defeating Roy Nelson and advancing in the Bellator Grand Prix, Matt Mitrione still has a gripe with how things played out Friday night. The 39-year-old heavyweight is claiming his former Ultimate Fighter house roommate illegally used the fence …

Despite defeating Roy Nelson and advancing in the Bellator Grand Prix, Matt Mitrione still has a gripe with how things played out Friday night. The 39-year-old heavyweight is claiming his former Ultimate Fighter house roommate illegally used the fence in the 3rd round of their Bellator 194 tilt. Mitrione was a guest yesterday on the […]

Matt Mitrione Slams ‘Dirtbag’ Roy Nelson Following Bellator 194

Prior to Bellator 194, which took place last Friday (Feb. 16, 2018) from the Mohegan Sun Arena in Connecticut, Matt Mitrione and Roy Nelson had always been cordial towards each other. The two competed together on season 10 of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) and then fought in 2012 when Nelson scored a knockout victory over […]

The post Matt Mitrione Slams ‘Dirtbag’ Roy Nelson Following Bellator 194 appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Prior to Bellator 194, which took place last Friday (Feb. 16, 2018) from the Mohegan Sun Arena in Connecticut, Matt Mitrione and Roy Nelson had always been cordial towards each other.

The two competed together on season 10 of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) and then fought in 2012 when Nelson scored a knockout victory over Mitrione. After their Bellator Heavyweight Grand Prix bout last week, however, which Mitrione won via a somewhat controversial decision, the feelings are no longer the same, especially from Mitrione’s end.

On today’s (Feb. 19, 2018) edition of The MMA Hour, Mitrione called out Nelson for using the fence and ‘cheating’ in the third round, which was a round that “Big Country” clearly won:

“Roy then took his right big toe and lifted his foot off the ground and stuck it inside the fence,” Mitrione said. “And then for 45 seconds — or 40 seconds or so — inside of that round when he was on top of me punching me or elbowing me, he was cheating. He had all this leverage, because he was pushing off the fence driving into me.”

Continuing on, Mitrione said that Nelson’s actions were ‘garbage’, once again voicing his displeasure with how the round played out:

“For Roy to grandstand, to be like, ‘Oh, I’m full of integrity, I don’t cheat, I don’t steroids or anything else, blah blah blah,’ and then when the fight comes down to it, to say you need to win, because you lost the first two rounds, then you start to cheat just so you can win?” Mitrione said. “That’s garbage, man. You’re a grandstanding dude with false integrity and I’ve got nothing for it. And if you guys think I’m being a sore winner, just go back and watch the film.”

The former NFL player then went as far as to call Nelson a ‘dirtbag’, while also saying that he’s got ‘character and quality’ issues:

“Old boy has got issues,” Mitrione said. “He’s got character and quality issues. I don’t like Roy Nelson. He’s not my dude anymore. I have no plans to be cool with him. If you’re gonna cheat to try and beat me, you’re a dirtbag and I’ve got no respect for you. So I’ve lost all juice for Roy. All of it.”

Those are certainly some bold claims from Mitrione, but what do you make of his comments?

The post Matt Mitrione Slams ‘Dirtbag’ Roy Nelson Following Bellator 194 appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.