UFC 226: Miocic vs. Cormier Official Poster Released

Check out the all-new UFC 226 poster right here:

The post UFC 226: Miocic vs. Cormier Official Poster Released appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

The UFC will kick off a packed run of events in Chile tonight, but it’s safe to say the pinnacle of the promotion’s summer schedule is focused on July 7’s UFC 226 from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

There, dominant heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic will meet light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier in a high-stakes super fight for the 265-pound gold, while featherweight champ Max Holloway meets surging challenger Brian Ortega in a similarly anticipated co-main event.

The card will be the culmination of the traditional International Fight Week after Miocic and Cormier finish their tenure as opposing coaches on the latest season of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF).

The UFC recently released the official poster for the event, so check it out here:

The post UFC 226: Miocic vs. Cormier Official Poster Released appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Francis Ngannou’s Coach Responds To Recent Death Threats

Francis Ngannou’s coach issued a brutal warning to those who issued him death threats online:

The post Francis Ngannou’s Coach Responds To Recent Death Threats appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Top-ranked UFC heavyweight Francis Ngannou saw his hype train come crashing down when he lost a one-sided unanimous decision to champion Stipe Miocic at January’s UFC 220.

The loss prompted the expected social media backlash from the Internet warriors wanting to poke fun at how the UFC’s next big thing lost in such dominant fashion, but some overzealous ‘fans’ reportedly took things too far in messages to ‘The Predator’s’ striking coach Dewy Cooper.

Aside from the normal trolling that accompanies such a loss in a huge title bout, Cooper recently revealed to MMAjunkie that he also received death threats because of the fight. A longtime kickboxer, Cooper was surprised so-called fans of MMA would take their responses to such a level, especially against a highly-trained master of martial arts.

But if these so-called fans are going to make threats, Cooper said he told them where and when they can find him to carry them out:

“I responded to every single one of them – ‘(Expletive) you, I’m at One Kick’s Gym on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays,’” Cooper told MMAjunkie Radio. “‘I’m at Mayweather’s gym on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays. I’m at the UFC gym at 2 o’clock on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Come kill me, mother(expletive).”

Even though Cooper has experienced the ups and downs of the fight game throughout his 30-year career in combat sports, he’s still baffled by the social media-focused world of MMA in that regard. With the threats coming both baseless online and inching towards true physical violence, Cooper issued a final warning to his detractors willing to threaten him – online or in person:

“We’re not being bullied physically or on social media,” Cooper said. “You talk (expletive) about me, I’m talking (expletive) about you. Period. I don’t give a (expletive) if I’m at the White House with the president. I don’t care if I’m at the hospital with my girl having my child. You disrespect me, I’m disrespecting you.

“I’m a Malcolm X follower. I believe eye for an eye, cheek for a cheek, and that’s what it’s going to be until the day I die. But I’m the nicest, coolest guy in the world. But I’m no punk (expletive). I’m not going to be disrespected and my life challenged and not have some serious recourse about it.”

The post Francis Ngannou’s Coach Responds To Recent Death Threats appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Junior Dos Santos Claims USADA Made His Last Year ‘A Nightmare’

Former UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos will finally return to the octagon when he meets Blagoy Ivanov in the main event of July 14’s UFC Fight Night 133 from Boise, but it’s been a long road to get there for him. Dos Santos was provisionally suspended for testing positive for banned diuretic hydrochlorothiazide in a […]

The post Junior Dos Santos Claims USADA Made His Last Year ‘A Nightmare’ appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Former UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos will finally return to the octagon when he meets Blagoy Ivanov in the main event of July 14’s UFC Fight Night 133 from Boise, but it’s been a long road to get there for him.

Dos Santos was provisionally suspended for testing positive for banned diuretic hydrochlorothiazide in a normal USADA sample collection last August. He was then pulled from his UFC 215 bout against Francis Ngannou last September. After a lengthy adjudication process, however, “Cigano” and his Brazilian countrymen Antonio Rogerio Nogueira and Marcos Rogerio de Lima were found to have been flagged due to tainted supplements produced by a pharmacy.

He’ll now return when he was given a six-month suspension that has now expired, but the time – and the big fight with Ngannou – is gone for now. Dos Santos recently opened up about the frustrating times he experienced trying to clear his name to MMA Fighting, noting that he felt he was guilty until proven innocent. Ultimately, he feels his name is cleared, which was of the utmost importance to the knockout slugger:

“They stopped my whole career to investigate the thing,” dos Santos said. “I think that goes in the completely opposite direction of the law. I’m innocent until proven guilty. In this case, it’s different — you’re guilty until you’re proven innocent. So, yeah. This is not good, man. Especially in my case, that I knew I didn’t do anything wrong and I was going all through this situation. It was a very bad feeling.

“I feel the truth was found and everybody knows that was a tainted supplement,” dos Santos said. “It wasn’t my fault, it wasn’t my intention. There’s always negative people, that they keep saying bad things about you. They hold on the negative things. But I feel like I got my reputation back. It’s very, very important to me.”

“Cigano” went into further detail about why his process was so frustrating, focusing on the fact that he had tested positive for extremely low levels of the banned substance, something that should have tipped USADA off to the questionable nature of his failure. Such a trivial amount, he suggested, is too much to hold up a hard-working athlete’s career:

“Based on those numbers, on those things, in my mind USADA would be the organization that know that I’m not a cheater,” dos Santos said. “But it wasn’t like that. I still went through this whole investigation, this whole scenario and they were putting me as a cheater. It was very bad, man. Now, I hope they can keep a clean sport however they can do that. But they have better rules, better ways to treat the athletes. Because it’s our lives. I hope the system gets better.”

Overall, though, dos Santos still supports USADA because he wants the UFC to feature clean champs:

“I know this sport, these drugs, these performance-enhancing drugs are a big problem for all the athletes. Because everybody knows most of the athletes, in general, in other sports, too, sometimes they take PEDs. I want to see a clean sport, because we want to know who is the real champion. We don’t want to see a fake champion over there.”

While he may be in favor of a clean sport, he reiterated that proving his innocence made his life a nightmare for the last year, and the ordeal saddened him. “Cigano” chose to affirm that he became champion the right way, and wants to yet again:

“This last year was a nightmare for me, because man, I never imagine I could go through something like that in my career,” dos Santos said. “I’ve been playing the fair game my entire career. I became the champion of the world like that and my goal is to become champion of the world again this way. This thing that happened with me and USADA, that was very sad for me.”

The post Junior Dos Santos Claims USADA Made His Last Year ‘A Nightmare’ appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Derrick Lewis Believes That Francis Ngannou Has Faced “Old Guys” With Weak Chins

Two of the hardest punchers in the UFC will go toe-to-toe at UFC 226. Derrick Lewis and Francis Ngannou are known for their devastating one-punch knockout power, but who will come out on top when they trade shots on July 7th at the T-Mobile Arena in La…

Two of the hardest punchers in the UFC will go toe-to-toe at UFC 226. Derrick Lewis and Francis Ngannou are known for their devastating one-punch knockout power, but who will come out on top when they trade shots on July 7th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. This matchup has been the topic of […]

The post Derrick Lewis Believes That Francis Ngannou Has Faced “Old Guys” With Weak Chins appeared first on MMA News.

Derrick Lewis Believes That Francis Ngannou Has Faced “Old Guys” With Weak Chins

Two of the hardest punchers in the UFC will go toe-to-toe at UFC 226. Derrick Lewis and Francis Ngannou are known for their devastating one-punch knockout power, but who will come out on top when they trade shots on July 7th at the T-Mobile Arena in La…

Two of the hardest punchers in the UFC will go toe-to-toe at UFC 226. Derrick Lewis and Francis Ngannou are known for their devastating one-punch knockout power, but who will come out on top when they trade shots on July 7th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. This matchup has been the topic of […]

The post Derrick Lewis Believes That Francis Ngannou Has Faced “Old Guys” With Weak Chins appeared first on MMA News.

Derrick Lewis Reveals Factor That Helped Francis Ngannou’s Fast Rise

Derrick Lewis is known to speak his mind and that’s part of the reason for his popularity along with his exciting fighting style. Lewis had previously asked for a fight with former title contender Francis Ngannou and he got what he asked for. Since then, he has been talking a lot of trash about Ngannou […]

The post Derrick Lewis Reveals Factor That Helped Francis Ngannou’s Fast Rise appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Derrick Lewis is known to speak his mind and that’s part of the reason for his popularity along with his exciting fighting style.

Lewis had previously asked for a fight with former title contender Francis Ngannou and he got what he asked for.

Since then, he has been talking a lot of trash about Ngannou to promote the fight.

As seen at the UFC 220 PPV (pay-per-view) event at TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts on pay-per-view, UFC heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic successfully retained his title in the main event by scoring a dominant decision win over the title contender.

Ngannou was gassed after the first round and lost in a lopsided fashion.

Lewis went on record by stating in a recent appearance on Ariel Helwani’s radio show, The MMA Hour, that part of the reason that the title contender had a fast rise in the heavyweight division was the competition that he was facing.

“It is crazy. I felt the same way when I fought ‘Big Country’ [Roy Nelson], because seeing ‘Big Country’ fight everybody, knock everybody out — then it’s like a dream come true whenever I finally fought him,” Lewis said Monday on The MMA Hour.

“It’s going to feel almost the same way fighting Francis. A guy like him beating everybody, knocking everybody out, then finally facing him — I just live for that type of rush, that thrill, because I don’t call anybody out that I know I could easily beat.

“I like to fight tough fights. I believe the tough fights bring out the better fighter in myself.”

“Beating on Francis is really not going to really do too much for me anyway, because the guy got to where he’s at right now on luck,” Lewis said. “He fought Overeem — Overeem doesn’t have a chin. He fought Arlovski — Arlovski doesn’t have a chin. Fight somebody that’s tough. Fight a Mark Hunt, somebody like that who’s real tough. Don’t fight these old guys who are already on the downside of their career.”

Lewis is slated to fight the former title contender at the upcoming UFC 226 pay-per-view event.

The post Derrick Lewis Reveals Factor That Helped Francis Ngannou’s Fast Rise appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.