Former UFC and Bellator commentator, and current WWE commentator, Jimmy Smith, believes there are way more benefits to signing with WWE over the UFC. Smith recently took to his podcast, “Unlocking The Cage,” and touched on the potential decision between choosing between WWE and the UFC. The former mixed martial arts (MMA) commentator explained why…
“The UFC can only go, ‘Here’s three fights.’ If you lose, that’s all over. Once Vince says, ‘You’re our guy. Here you go.’
“First of all, that first contract is going to be worth a lot more money than the UFC’s contract,” Smith said (via SEScoops). “Number two, Vince McMahon, because of his faith in you or whatever it is, can give you all the opportunity in the world to fulfill that destiny.
“Dana White in UFC, because of the nature of it not being predetermined, can’t do that. I would sign with WWE.”
Smith served as a staple in the Bellator MMA commentary team from 2010 to 2017. He then signed with the UFC in January of 2018. His contract with the promotion was not renewed the following year.
In May of 2021, Smith made the jump to professional wrestling, inking a deal with WWE. He currently serves as one-third of the Monday Night RAW commentary team doing play-by-play announcing.
Do you agree with Jimmy Smith and his stance on WWE providing more of an opportunity for talents over the UFC? Sound off in the comments!
Professional wrestling superstar, Becky Lynch has once again offered to team up with former two-weight UFC champion, and compatriot, Conor McGregor in the future – after previously welcoming the Dubliner to feature at WrestleMania next year in Hollywood, California. Lynch, a native of Limerick, attended Madison Square Garden over the course of the weekend to […]
Professional wrestling superstar, Becky Lynch has once again offered to team up with former two-weight UFC champion, and compatriot, Conor McGregor in the future – after previously welcoming the Dubliner to feature at WrestleMania next year in Hollywood, California.
Lynch, a native of Limerick, attended Madison Square Garden over the course of the weekend to offer support to unified lightweight champion, Katie Taylor ahead of her eventual successful title defense against challenger, Amanda Serrano.
Becky Lynch offers to team up with Conor McGregor once again
Appearing at the weigh-ins at the Mecca of Basketball, Lynch was asked about her thoughts about teaming up with former undisputed UFC lightweight and featherweight champion, McGregor in the future – to which she welcomed the opportunity with open arms.
“Okay, so it is me and Conor (McGregor)?” Becky Lynch asked during an interview with Lissy Almeida from SecondsOut. “Me and Conor versus – who are we facing? Anybody we want? Oh, all right, I’m down for that. Well, hell – I’m down to team with Conor McGregor any time.”
Last month, McGregor, 33, took to his official Twitter account following the two-night WrestleMania event, questioning why he was not invited to the monumental event.
“Why wasn’t I at WrestleMania?” Conor McGregor tweeted. “They all fear me, that’s why.”
In a response to her compatriot, Lynch invited McGregor to feature in some capacity at WrestleMania next year.
“Hey, man,” Becky Lynch replied to Conor McGregor. “I could have used you. Bianca (Belair) brought an army. Next year.”
Also offering his support to the above mentioned Bray native, Taylor last night both pre and post-fight at Madison Square Garden, McGregor labelled the defending lightweight champion as the ‘the greatest”.
“Let’s go tonight, @KatieTaylor!” Conor McGregor tweeted. “Making history once again, this time in the famed Madison Square Garden! With you all the way champ (love heart emoji) (Ireland flag emoji)”
“Katie Taylor The Greatest!” Conor McGregor tweeted. “(Love heart emoji) (Ireland flag emoji) Absolutely incredible boxing! Take a bow ladies! What a contest! @KatieTaylor @Serranosisters (Amanda Serrano) @TheGarden”
Cain Velasquez was arrested on Monday following an altercation that took place in San Jose, California. According to online reports it has now been revealed that Velasquez had been taken in due to a potential attempted murder charge after he shot at a car with three individuals in. One of the men inside the vehicle […]
Cain Velasquez was arrested on Monday following an altercation that took place in San Jose, California.
According to online reports it has now been revealed that Velasquez had been taken in due to a potential attempted murder charge after he shot at a car with three individuals in. One of the men inside the vehicle has recently been accused of molesting a close relative of Velasquez.
The accused man is Harry Eugene Goularte, who is also based in the California area, living at a home-day-care business that is run by his mother. According to online sources, court documents have revealed the alleged abuse to the individual may have occurred on over 100 separate occasions.
Goularte was arrested on Friday for a felony count of “a lewd and lascivious act with a child under the age of 14.” However, Goularte would end up being released later despite objections from the Santa Clara District Attorney’s Office.
Cain Velasquez Update
The incident allegedly took place three days following the release of Goularte. Online reports such as The Mercury-News have mirrored the statement that Velasquez began to open fire at a car carrying Goularte but instead struck another individual who was in the vehicle with him. The man who was hit was allegedly Goularte’s stepfather, who is expected to make a full recovery.
The identity of the third individual in the car is still unknown.
At this current time, Velasquez is being held in the Santa Clara County Main Jail without bail for attempted murder, with an arraignment scheduled to take place on Wednesday, per online records. There have been no announced charges put forward at this time
What do you make of this case involving former UFC champion Cain Velasquez?
Former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is still one of the most prominent stars in professional wrestling, and he recently showed off his skills on a Jackass cast member. One reason why Lesnar is such a big star in WWE is his ability to stay consistent between his character in the ring, and his real-life […]
Former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is still one of the most prominent stars in professional wrestling, and he recently showed off his skills on a Jackass cast member.
One reason why Lesnar is such a big star in WWE is his ability to stay consistent between his character in the ring, and his real-life personality outside of it.
“My buddy goes, ‘The Jackass crew is out there.’… So, I sent the waiter out and sent over a nice bottle of wine,” Lesnar said. “So then next thing I know, Knoxville comes into the back room. He breaks my f**king door down. He broke the door on the private room. So, I come walking out, and in the midst of all this, (the other Jackass guys) were setting themselves on fire out in the restaurant. I didn’t know that at the time. So, I’m going home. I’m going to bed. I’m walking out, and Wee Man stands up and peacocks me a little bit. I just picked him up and said, ‘I’m gonna put you down right there.’ None of it was promo. None of it was staged. It just turned out to be really fun.” (h/t Cinema Blend)
Lesnar last competed in MMA back in 2016 at UFC 200, earning a decision win over Mark Hunt that was later overturned to a no-contest. Lesnar had briefly teased a UFC comeback when Daniel Cormier was the heavyweight champion, but the fight never materialized.
Lesnar can be watched competing on WWE’s Monday Night Raw and other shows for the promotion.
Former UFC heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar has revealed a rather surprising request he made to promotional president, Dana White ahead of his organizational bow – which included the shipping of a full-sized Octagon for him to prepare in. Lesnar, who ended his professional mixed martial arts career boasting a 5-3(1) record, most recently featured in […]
Former UFC heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar has revealed a rather surprising request he made to promotional president, Dana White ahead of his organizational bow – which included the shipping of a full-sized Octagon for him to prepare in.
Lesnar, who ended his professional mixed martial arts career boasting a 5-3(1) record, most recently featured in a main card bout against fellow promotional alum, Mark Hunt at UFC 200 in July 2016.
The former undisputed champion has initially secured a rather one-sided unanimous decision win over Hunt, until the bout was eventually overturned to an official ‘No Contest’ after Lesnar failed a post-fight drug test administered by anti-doping agency USADA after testing positive for the banned substance, clomiphene in an in-competition drug test sample. Lesnar was fined a sum of $250,00 for his infringement, and issued a one-year retroactive suspension from active competition.
Brock Lesnar has competed nine times professionally in mixed martial arts, scoring a 5-3(1) record
Despite a return to Vince McMahon’s professional wrestling outfit, WWE, Lesnar was linked, albeit briefly to an Octagon return to challenge then-heavyweight champion, former two-weight titleholder, Daniel Cormier in a title bout in 2018.
In the time since, the bout failed to ever materialize, however, Lesnar has continually been linked to a clash against former two-time light heavyweight champion, Jon Jones, who called out the former heavyweight champion, as well as a potential Bellator MMA signing to meet with sport icon, Fedor Emelianenko.
Competing for the UFC in all but one of his nine professional mixed martial arts walks, Lesnar, who recently competed at the WWE’s flagship event, Royal Rumble, claimed he had ordered the UFC to send him an Octagon to train in to prepare of his UFC debut, as well as claiming that a person would have to be “batsh*t crazy” to compete in MMA.
“It’s a different game, you know, entering the Octagon,” Brock Lesnar said on The Pat McAfee Show. “And I’m telling you, you’ve got to be – like, you’ve got to be half batsh*t crazy. Like when you go through the door – like, I built or ordered an Octagon so I could, didn’t have to at first – like, jitters of getting in an Octagon.”
I’m like, ‘Dana (White), I want an Octagon,’” Brock Lesnar continued. “And like, ah boom, (the UFC) shipped an Octagon. So I can fight in it and practice in it, you know? But then you’re in front of 20,000 people and they shut the door and it’s like, ‘Ahhh’.” (Transcribed by WrestlingInc.com)
A former undisputed heavyweight champion with the UFC, Brock Lesnar managed to clinch the title with a 2008 knockout win over Randy Couture, before defending the title against two-time foe, Frank Mir, and then unifying the titles against Shane Carwin.
Dropping the championship in 2010, Lesnar suffered a first round ground strikes loss to Cain Velasquez, before suffering a first round knockout loss to Alistair Overeem in December of the following year.
15-2 former professional mixed martial artist, Bobby Lashley spoke up his chances of defeating former undisputed UFC heavyweight championship holder, Brock Lensar recently ahead of last night’s professional wrestling event, Royal Rumble – and managed to prevail last night, scoring a pinfall win. Bobby Lashley, who last competed in professional mixed martial arts back in […]
Bobby Lashley, who last competed in professional mixed martial arts back in October 2016, submitted Josh Appelt with a second round rear-naked choke at Bellator 162 – improving to 15-2 as a professional.
The victory came as Bobby Lashley’s fifth under the Scott Coker-led Bellator banner, and as of 2018, the renowned finisher remained under contract with the organization after his return to the WWE to pursue professional wrestling again.
Brock Lesnar successfully landed two defenses of his UFC heavyweight title between 2009 and 2010
For Lesnar, the former undisputed UFC heavyweight champion made his final mixed martial arts appearance in a short notice UFC 200 bout against Mark Hunt in an eventual official ‘No Contest’ after taking home a unanimous decision win.
Lesnar was subsequently issued a lengthy USADA suspension after testing positive for clomiphene during in-competition drug tests ahead of his brief UFC comeback and confirmed his retirement from the sport soon thereafter.
Before Lesnar’s rumble victory, another former UFC champion, former bantamweight titleholder, Ronda Rousey made her return to the Vince McMahon outfit – winning the women’s instalment of the rumble match.
Ending her professional career boasting a 12-2 professional record, Rousey, a former UFC and Strikeforce bantamweight champion suffered consecutive knockout losses to former bantamweight titleholders, Holly Holm, and Amanda Nunes in 2015, and 2016, respectively to end her career.
Rousey currently ties current flyweight champion, Valentina Shevchenko for most successful title defenses amongst women in the UFC with six successful knockbacks against Liz Carmouche, Miesha Tate, Sara McMann, Alexis Davis, Cat Zingano, and Bethe Correia.