Paige VanZant Wants To Prove She’s Just Not A ‘Pretty Face’ With BKFC Move

VanZantThere were a number of reasons why Paige VanZant decided to make the transition to bare knuckle boxing. It was announced on Wednesday that the former UFC women’s flyweight had signed a multi-fight deal with Bare Knuckle FC. Many were surprised with the move, especially given the brutal nature of bare knuckle fighting which tends […]

VanZant

There were a number of reasons why Paige VanZant decided to make the transition to bare knuckle boxing.

It was announced on Wednesday that the former UFC women’s flyweight had signed a multi-fight deal with Bare Knuckle FC.

Many were surprised with the move, especially given the brutal nature of bare knuckle fighting which tends to lead to plenty of cuts and facial damage.

But that is one of the very reasons why she decided to go ahead with the move among other factors.

“It was an amazing contract, an amazing opportunity,” VanZant told ESPN. “I also feel like it’s not a move backwards for me. It’s a lateral move to a new opportunity, a new challenge, a brand new sport. I really have sparked a brand new passion for it and especially for striking in general.

“And, on top of that, I feel like I still have this stigma in MMA that I’m just a pretty face, and what a way to prove to people that’s not the way I see myself at all. This is a sport where people probably have the highest rate of getting cut open and having long-term scars is definitely something that I’m not even worried about for me. It’s just the love of competition and I’m really excited to go out there and show off in such an amazing sport.”

VanZant Spoke To A Number Of Promotions

It was notably revealed that VanZant declined an offer with Bellator to sign with BKFC.

However, she was speaking to a number of other promotions ever since she completed the final fight of her UFC deal last month.

In the end, BKFC was what made the most sense for her.

“I talked to a lot of different promotions,” VanZant added. “I actually had no idea that I would have so many come with such big offers. I knew I would get the big players in the game, like Bellator or ONE, but I actually had five or six huge, solid promotions that I had to decide on.

“For me, at this moment in my career, Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship was the one that fit best.”

What do you make of VanZant’s decision?

Paige VanZant Declines Bellator, Signs With Bare Knuckle FC

VanZantPaige VanZant’s next chapter in combat sports will be in bare knuckle action. The former UFC women’s flyweight revealed on social media on Wednesday that she had signed a new deal with a promotion. “Contract Signed. About to change the game. Fight news coming soon. #bigbusiness 🙈😉” And as per ESPN’s Ariel Helwani, that promotion […]

VanZant

Paige VanZant’s next chapter in combat sports will be in bare knuckle action.

The former UFC women’s flyweight revealed on social media on Wednesday that she had signed a new deal with a promotion.

“Contract Signed. About to change the game. Fight news coming soon. #bigbusiness ??

And as per ESPN’s Ariel Helwani, that promotion is Bare Knuckle FC.

“Paige VanZant has signed a new multi-fight, exclusive contract with Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship, according to sources.”

Bellator was also in the running for VanZant’s signature, especially as her husband Austin Vanderford is a contracted fighter with the Santa Monica-based promotion.

However, Bellator president Scott Coker revealed to MMA Fighting that she declined their offer.

VanZant became a free agent after fulfilling the last fight of her UFC contract at UFC 251 last month. She suffered a first-round submission defeat to Amanda Ribas.

After the fight, UFC president Dana White revealed VanZant should definitely test free agency based on her performance — comments that disappointed the 26-year-old.

“I feel like I thought we were closer friends and he could text me or call me,” VanZant said. “Something to have a little bit of compassion, something to communicate with me personally but maybe he will. We just don’t know. I’m sure it’s an uncomfortable situation.

“I’ve never spoken negatively about the UFC. I’m not bitter about where I am in my career, bitter about the position that the UFC has put me in whatsoever. I just felt like for myself, I wanted to test free agency and that’s not because I dislike the UFC or dislike Dana or anybody.

“Dana’s comments, what I’m hearing you say, he wants me to test free agency then hopefully they just let me go then. If that’s how they feel, then they’ll just let me be free.”

VanZant got her wish in the end as she will start a new chapter with Bare Knuckle FC.

What do you make of this move?

Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr Has Been Postponed

Mike TysonThe eight-round exhibition bout between legendary heavyweight boxer Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr has been postponed. ‘Iron Mike’ was set to end his 15-year retirement from the sport on September 12. The 54-year-old will now have to wait a little longer to get back in the ring after it was announced his fight against […]

Mike Tyson

The eight-round exhibition bout between legendary heavyweight boxer Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr has been postponed. ‘Iron Mike’ was set to end his 15-year retirement from the sport on September 12. The 54-year-old will now have to wait a little longer to get back in the ring after it was announced his fight against Jones Jr. has been pushed back until November 28.

According to sources who spoke to The Ring the highly anticipated bout will still go ahead at a crowdless Dignity Health Park in Carson, California. The fight will be broadcast on pay-per-view and via social media app Triller who will also produce a 10-part docu-series ahead of the event.

The reasoning behind this re-scheduling is believed to be financial. Tyson and his team believe by pushing the fight back until later in the year they can maximise revenue. A meeting was held between both sides and Jones Jr. was happy to agree to a change in date.

Both men have spoken with confidence ahead of the fight. Tyson says he’ll go for the knockout despite the fact the fight is being billed as an exhibition.

“Hey, if the opportunity comes, I’m always looking for it,” Tyson said. “I just went on my journey to go on this mission and a lot of people are giving their comment which I’m very grateful for, but like I said before this is search and destroy and I’m looking forward to capturing my glory.”

“The fighting game is what I’m about and hurting people is what I’m about. I’m not concerned [about getting hurt], we’re both professionals, we know how to handle ourselves, and whatever happens, happens.

Jones Jr. is confident he’ll be able to survive the early onslaught and take out Tyson in the later rounds, he said.

“Don’t think I ain’t seen the weed-smoking videos. Don’t think I ain’t seen all of that, I know what is going on. I’m not stupid I’m not going to go out there and collide with him in the first round and (try to) take him out like I am a fool. He is good early. He is strong early. He is still a strong lion but he has a cheetahs mentality. A cheetah mentality means I gotta get it quick. If I don’t get it quick that cheetah is outta breath. If you don’t get it quick, it belongs to me then.”

Do you think Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr. will still go ahead after this delay?

VIDEO | Jake Paul Gets Raided, Fight On Tyson-Jones Jr Card In Jeopardy

Jake PaulYouTube star turned boxer Jake Paul had a surprise visit from an army of federal agents earlier this week. His upcoming fight against former NBA player Nate Robinson now appears to be at risk of falling apart. On July 23 it was announced Paul and Robinson would be competing on the undercard of an event […]

Jake Paul

YouTube star turned boxer Jake Paul had a surprise visit from an army of federal agents earlier this week. His upcoming fight against former NBA player Nate Robinson now appears to be at risk of falling apart.

On July 23 it was announced Paul and Robinson would be competing on the undercard of an event headlined by heavyweight boxing legend Mike Tyson who will fight for the first time in fifteen years when he takes on Roy Jones Jr. on September 12.

The FBI told ABC7 that the raid on Paul’s house was in connection to a riot at an Arizona shopping mall in the aftermath of George Floyd’s death.

“The FBI is investigating allegations of criminal acts surrounding the incident at Scottsdale Fashion Square in May 2020,” the bureau said in a statement while clarifying that no arrests were immediately planned.

According to ABC7 several firearms were seized during the raid, “including a long gun propped up against a hot tub in the backyard.”

Check out footage of the raid below…

Earlier this year Paul made his professional boxing debut on the undercard of Logan Paul vs. KSI 2. He picked up a first-round TKO victory over fellow YouTuber AnEsonGib. It is unclear how or if his upcoming bout scheduled for September 12 will be impacted by this ongoing legal problem.

Do you think Jake Paul will still fight Nate Robinson on the undercard of Tyson-Jones Jr?

Mike Tyson Aiming For The Knockout Against Roy Jones Jr

TysonMike Tyson says he will be looking for the knockout when he faces off against Roy Jones Jr. in an eight-round exhibition bout on September 12.  California State Athletic Commissioner Andy Foster previously said he’s happy for the two legends to “move around and make some money” but the fight will not be competitive so […]

Tyson

Mike Tyson says he will be looking for the knockout when he faces off against Roy Jones Jr. in an eight-round exhibition bout on September 12. 

California State Athletic Commissioner Andy Foster previously said he’s happy for the two legends to “move around and make some money” but the fight will not be competitive so to speak.

In an interview with TMZ, Tyson seems to be taking the fight very seriously and he insists he will go for the knockout if the opportunity arises. 

“Hey, if the opportunity comes, I’m always looking for it,” Tyson said.

Legendary heavyweight boxer George Foreman has warned Tyson and Jones Jr against making this comeback since the bout was announced, he said.

“Boxing is nothing to play with. I would tell them that it’s really dangerous. But when you make up your mind to do something like that, you can’t tell them not to do it. They’re not going to hear that. Even me, a big fool like me, back in the day, I only saw what I wanted to see.”

Tyson responded to Foreman to tell him thanks for caring but not to worry.

“I don’t know, he wasn’t worried about getting hurt when he went on his tour of coming back and fighting, so don’t worry about us,” Tyson said. “Tell George I love him for caring.”

‘Iron Mike’ insists he is taking this fight seriously and will enter it with a seek and destroy mindset as he always has done. 

“My total dedication is to fighting right now and doing this exhibition,” he said. “I’m prepared to go eight rounds, I want to show the world.

“I just went on my journey to go on this mission and a lot of people are giving their comment which I’m very grateful for, but like I said before this is search and destroy and I’m looking forward to capturing my glory.”

“The fighting game is what I’m about and hurting people is what I’m about. I’m not concerned [about getting hurt], we’re both professionals, we know how to handle ourselves, and whatever happens, happens.” (Transcribed by BJPENN.com).

Do you think Mike Tyson will KO Roy Jones Jr. on September 12?

Conor McGregor Hints At Fight With Manny Pacquiao

Conor McGregorFormer UFC dual-weight champion Conor McGregor has got fans excited after he seemingly hinted a fight with boxing legend Manny Pacquiao. Earlier this week ‘Notorious’ took to Twitter to say “I accept” after callouts from UFC newcomer Khamzat Chimaev and former interim lightweight champion Tony Ferguson. Ariel Helwani spoke to McGregor to attempt to decipher […]

Conor McGregor

Former UFC dual-weight champion Conor McGregor has got fans excited after he seemingly hinted a fight with boxing legend Manny Pacquiao. Earlier this week ‘Notorious’ took to Twitter to say “I accept” after callouts from UFC newcomer Khamzat Chimaev and former interim lightweight champion Tony Ferguson.

Ariel Helwani spoke to McGregor to attempt to decipher exactly what he was accepting. Helwani was able to discover the Irishman was not interested in fighting Chimaev but he refused to reveal any more details on his cryptic tweet.

“Spoke to Conor McGregor briefly today. He confirmed that his ‘I accept’ tweet was not about Khamzat Chimaev, despite what was said earlier today. He declined to further elaborate what it was actually referring to, though.”

McGregor again took to social media to accept something but this time he wrote it in the native tongue of boxing legend Pacquiao – “tinatanggap ko”, McGregor posted.

This tweet sent the MMA and boxing communities into overdrive as they began to speculate on a potential McGregor vs. Pacquiao boxing match. The pair who are both represented by Paradigm Sports Management have long been linked to fighting one another. McGregor has fought only once the squared circle, losing via tenth-round TKO against boxing great Floyd Mayweather.

Do you want to see Conor McGregor and Manny Pacquiao fight?