France Pushes Back Legalization Of MMA From Initial January Date

Mixed martial arts (MMA) fans in France will have to wait a bit longer for the sport to be legalized in their country. It was reported this past summer that France would be legalizing MMA in January of 2020. However, according to a report from Le Parisian, the date has been pushed back to February, […]

The post France Pushes Back Legalization Of MMA From Initial January Date appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Mixed martial arts (MMA) fans in France will have to wait a bit longer for the sport to be legalized in their country.

It was reported this past summer that France would be legalizing MMA in January of 2020. However, according to a report from Le Parisian, the date has been pushed back to February, if not longer. The wait is due to a delay in approval that the Comité National Olympique et Sportif Français (the Olympic and Sports Committee of France) needs to give to Roxana Maracineanu, the country’s minister of sport.

The first-ever announced MMA event in France is the Afro-French MMA promotion, ARES Fighting Championship, which will take place on March 21 in Paris. The promotion is run by MMA Factory Paris head coach Fernand Lopez, who has trained the likes of UFC combatants Francis Ngannou and Ciryl Gane. Hopefully the sport is legalized in France come March, otherwise, the ARES show will need to be relocated.

What do you think about France pushing back their date to legalize MMA?

The post France Pushes Back Legalization Of MMA From Initial January Date appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Jairzinho Rozenstruik Wants To Fight Ngannou After Beating Overeem

UFC heavyweight contender Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to call out number one contender Francis Ngannou if he beats Alistair Overeem at UFC Washington this weekend. Rozenstruik has had a quick rise to the top of the heavyweight ranks. He is a short notice replacement for Saturdays main event fight with the veteran Overeem. Walt Harris was […]

The post Jairzinho Rozenstruik Wants To Fight Ngannou After Beating Overeem appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

UFC heavyweight contender Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to call out number one contender Francis Ngannou if he beats Alistair Overeem at UFC Washington this weekend.

Rozenstruik has had a quick rise to the top of the heavyweight ranks. He is a short notice replacement for Saturdays main event fight with the veteran Overeem. Walt Harris was originally slated to face the Dutchman but was forced out of the fight due to his unfortunate and well publicized family issues.

The 31-year-old Rozenstruik is fresh off a quick knockout win over MMA legend Andrei Arlovski. Just 29 seconds was all it took for the decorated kickboxer to put down ‘The Pitbull’ last month.

Prehaps looking past Overeem during his conversation with Ariel Helwani, Rozenstruik said hes gunning for Ngannou because he’s a massive challenge and it would be a fun fight between two big scary guys. (H/T Ariel Helwani MMA Show)

“For me, beating Alistair Overeem
means a lot, but the fight I’m looking for is the Francis Ngannou fight. He’s a
big, scary guy and I think that’s amazing. You put two big heavyweights who are
strong and hit hard to create a bomb in the Octagon. I like exciting fights. To
me, that would be a great fight. That’s the goal for now,” Rozenstruik said.

“We’re looking to be the best fighter
in the world. In order to be the best, you have to beat the best. We are
professionals and I like that fight, me against Francis Ngannou, two big scary
guys. That’s exciting for me, that’s a big challenge. I really want to do that
challenge also for myself and also to entertain the UFC fans. I think everybody
wants to see that fight.”

Rozenstruik holds a perfect 9-0 record which includes three wins inside the UFC octagon. Overeem though is certainly his toughest test to date. The decorated Dutch fighter is riding a two-fight win streak. He’ll be confident of making it three in and row and ending Rozenstruik’s hopes of securing a fight with Ngannou.

Does Jairzinho Rozenstruik deserve a fight with Francis Ngannou if he beats Alistair Overeem at UFC Washington?

The post Jairzinho Rozenstruik Wants To Fight Ngannou After Beating Overeem appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Francis Ngannou Proposes UFC 246 Fight With Alexander Volkov, Volkov Responds

With the news that Conor McGregor would be headlining UFC 246, it seems everyone now wants to fight on that card — Francis Ngannou included. Ngannou is coming off a first-round knockout win over Junior dos Santos in the summer which puts him at a three-fight winning streak. However, he is currently in limbo given […]

The post Francis Ngannou Proposes UFC 246 Fight With Alexander Volkov, Volkov Responds appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

With the news that Conor McGregor would be headlining UFC 246, it seems everyone now wants to fight on that card — Francis Ngannou included.

Ngannou is coming off a first-round knockout win over Junior dos Santos in the summer which puts him at a three-fight winning streak.

However, he is currently in limbo given the UFC’s plans of booking a trilogy fight between current heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic and Daniel Cormier. And so, Ngannou has been trying to land a fight in the meantime.

Alexander Volkov seems to be his next target as he called him out following the former’s win over Greg Hardy earlier this month. And “The Predator” tried his luck once again — this time, proposing it takes place at UFC 246 on January 18:

“What’s your schedule for January 18th looks like?! Let me offer you a free trip in the most entertaining city in the world ( @LasVegas ). #UFC246 @ufc#whathappensinvegas” Ngannou tweeted.

Volkov — who rarely uses Twitter — replied pretty quickly and suggested Ngannou was scared to fight him in Paris:

“How about Paris in March? Or you are too afraid to fall in front of your audience?” Volkov replied.

The UFC is notably heading to France in 2020 following the legalization of mixed martial arts. Ngannou is ideally expected to headline the show and a bout with Volkov certainly makes sense as the headliner.

Maybe Ngannou feels he’ll be able to dispatch of “Drago” in January and still have time to prepare for another fight in Paris?

When do you want to see Ngannou vs. Volkov?

The post Francis Ngannou Proposes UFC 246 Fight With Alexander Volkov, Volkov Responds appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

JDS On Francis Ngannou: I’ll Shut That Little Mouth

Despite suffering a TKO loss to Francis Ngannou, Junior dos Santos insists he’s the better fighter. Back in June, Ngannou and dos Santos clashed in the UFC Minneapolis main event. Ngannou put his highly regarded punching power on display once aga…

Despite suffering a TKO loss to Francis Ngannou, Junior dos Santos insists he’s the better fighter. Back in June, Ngannou and dos Santos clashed in the UFC Minneapolis main event. Ngannou put his highly regarded punching power on display once again, stopping dos Santos in the first round. Since that quick fight, dos Santos has […]

The post JDS On Francis Ngannou: I’ll Shut That Little Mouth appeared first on MMA News.

Francis Ngannou Meets With Dana White, Teases ‘Big News’ Coming Soon

Francis Ngannou has been disgruntled with the UFC and his position in the heavyweight division as of late. “The Predator” believes he has clearly emerged as the rightful challenger for the heavyweight title. However, it’s believed that a trilogy bout between champion Stipe Miococ and Daniel Cormier is in the works for the next heavyweight […]

The post Francis Ngannou Meets With Dana White, Teases ‘Big News’ Coming Soon appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Francis Ngannou has been disgruntled with the UFC and his position in the heavyweight division as of late.

“The Predator” believes he has clearly emerged as the rightful challenger for the heavyweight title. However, it’s believed that a trilogy bout between champion Stipe Miococ and Daniel Cormier is in the works for the next heavyweight title bout. In the meantime, Ngannou has been trying to land himself another high-profile fight.

Ngannou took to Twitter to reveal he recently wrapped up a meeting with UFC president Dana White, and teased he has “big news” coming soon after their talks.

Just had a very productive meeting with the boss man @danawhite and Hunter Campbell @ufc. Excited to get back to work. Big news coming soon.”

It remains to be seen what the big news for Ngannou could be. He is in a very interesting position at the moment. Ngannou has established himself as one of the most feared knockout artists the promotion has ever seen, likely making it difficult for him to find an opponent. It will be interesting to see who the promotion matches him up with next.

What do you think Ngannou’s “big news” will be? Who would you like to see him fight?

 

The post Francis Ngannou Meets With Dana White, Teases ‘Big News’ Coming Soon appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Francis Ngannou Believes UFC Is Using Him As A Gatekeeper

Former title challenger Francis Ngannou has accused the UFC of using him as a gatekeeper for the rest of the heavyweight division. Ngannou is on a three-fight winning streak that included devastating first-round knockouts of Curtis Blaydes, Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos. He seemed to be next in line for a title shot. However, […]

The post Francis Ngannou Believes UFC Is Using Him As A Gatekeeper appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.

Former title challenger Francis Ngannou has accused the UFC of using him as a gatekeeper for the rest of the heavyweight division.

Ngannou is on a three-fight winning streak that included devastating first-round knockouts of Curtis Blaydes, Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos. He seemed to be next in line for a title shot.

However, the UFC has plans on making a Stipe Miocic vs. Daniel Cormier trilogy next. As a result, Ngannou is left without an opponent.

He has been looking for a fight for a while and recently called out Alexander Volkov following the latter’s win at UFC Moscow this past weekend. Ngannou notably told him not to turn him down again as he later revealed that “Drago” had done so twice before:

“Just for the record, Volkov turned down the fight against me twice,” Ngannou told MMA Junkie. “One was July 2017 and August 2018. He clearly denied to fight me.”

It would come as a surprise then that Volkov would deny a fight with Ngannou this time, especially as the latter feels the UFC are using him as the benchmark for any other contender to get the next title shot:

“The UFC have made it clear for everybody that I’m who you have to fight if you want to fight for the title,” Ngannou added. “It seems like I’m just there to be, to go to the gate. That’s how it looks now. If they want to fight for the title, they have to fight me, but how about me fighting for the title?

“It doesn’t seem to be in the talk, so that’s exactly what the UFC has made me appear, to be the gate holder. And, yeah, I think Volkov is dodging me clearly. That’s not a secret that he’s dodging me.”

In fact, “The Predator” believes his last three opponents would have received a title shot if they ended up beating him:

“I think all my three opponents, they had a title shot promise,” Ngannou said. “I think so, because Curtis Blaydes was title (shot) guaranteed. Cain Velasquez I think it was the same thing. Junior Dos Santos after three wins, it was the same thing. But they are just forgetting about me.”

What do you make of Ngannou’s theory?

The post Francis Ngannou Believes UFC Is Using Him As A Gatekeeper appeared first on LowKickMMA.com.